PICK YOUR OWN (PYO) (U PICK)
Cash sales only - no cards
PYO usually offered from late January to early March
Opening times in Latest News or on our facebook page
What We Offer and Expect
Entry is offered only to those who, by observing the following expectations, demonstrate an understanding of the care and protectiveness we have of our valuable crop:
1. Directly supervise your children (please keep children beside the responsible adult).
2. Pick only ripe blue berries, leave all others to ripen for later.
3. Observe our no drop policy - pick up any you do drop. This reduces waste, deters pests and helps protect our valuable crop.
4. Eat no berries until paid for (no sampling). Pick, pay then eat.
5. Treat our 30+ year old plants very gently. Careful picking should leave no damage.
6. Walk carefully on uneven ground and near mulch and driplines - damage to plants is not excused.
We do not open on declared Code Red Fire Days in the Central District.
Bus access difficult, and strictly by appointment.
PYO entry is free but please pick carefully and gently. Please respect the fact that we offer PYO to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to purchase a bulk supply of fresh blueberries at minimal price, whilst at the same time limiting the impact on our bushes.
Bring along a picnic to enjoy under our shady Chestnut and Walnut trees. Dogs are welcome, but please keep them on leads.
Please park well clear of our access track and gateway.
Once invited onto our property you will be greeted by one of our happy team who will supply you with a bucket and an introduction to blueberry picking. Then it's off to the designated row and on with the picking.
When you've gathered your bounty take your berries to the shed to be weighed, paid for and bagged.
Because blueberries freeze so well many of our visitors have a happy family day stocking up on a year's supply of blueberries for freezing, particularly for those who enjoy blueberry muffins, smoothies, pies, pancakes, jam, sauces, muesli, yoghurt and crumbles.
You can't get any fresher or cheaper than PYO.